Outdoor Structures, 2018
Outdoor Structures, 2018
The "Outdoor Structures, 2018", report offers comprehensive insight and analysis of the outdoor structures market (including forecasts up to 2023), the major players, the main trends, and consumer attitudes. It provides in-depth analysis of the following: the hot issues impacting the market, strategies for success, market sizes and forecasts, retailer profiles, retailer market shares, consumer data and future outlook. The report focuses on garden buildings, fencing and garden features. Consumer data is based on our 2018 UK outdoor structures survey, using a panel of 2,000 nationally representative consumers.
2017 and 18 were slow years for the category, as wetter weather and squeezed disposable income led to a further slowdown in growth. However, over the next five years, other outdoor structures categories proved more resilient as consumers seek to make their gardens more practical, more productive and/or more enjoyable places to spend time.
- As consumers look to exploit the potential of their existing properties, rather than move, the outlook for outdoor structures is also reasonable with summerhouses and garden buildings will be at the forefront of this.
- In spite of their recent struggles, B&Q and Homebase remain atop the outdoor structures market. However, the garden centres and general merchandisers channel will become a growing threat.
- Consumers are becoming more likely to research their outdoor structures prior to purchase, and to spend considerable time doing so.
Reasons to buy
- Uncover how online will shape the outdoor structures market and customer decision journey over the next five years.
- Find out which retailers are the most under threat from rise of the discounters.
- Discover which retailers will become a greater threat within outdoor structures and how other retailers can defend their share.
- Maximise sales opportunities by better understanding why shoppers buy new outdoor structures and what encourages shoppers to select a particular retailer.
- Adjust your strategy to better reflect what customers consider most and how they conduct pre-purchase research?
Table of Contents
ISSUES AND STRATEGIES
Main issues in outdoor structures:
Tapping into the potential of the garden
Storage and the challenge of getting more from less
Online growth has lagged
Customer reviews carry growing significance
Strategies for success
The sector at a glance
Overall sector size and growth
Sector size and growth: sheds
Sector size and growth: garden storage
Sector size and growth: garden buildings
Sector size and growth: greenhouses
Sector size and growth: paving
Sector size and growth: fencing
Sector size and growth: decking
Sector size and growth: garden features
Category growth and size by sub-category, 2018-20e
Channels of distribution
Penetration and profiles
Outdoor shopper location and experience
Net agreement statements
Considered and used conversion
Drivers of retailer choice
What is included