- 86 Pages
- Region: Global
Country Profile: Wine in Canada
Table of Contents
Canada in the global and regional context
Canada in the global and North America wine sector
Canada compared to other leading countries in North America
Per capita consumption and expenditure - Canada compared to North America and global levels
Sector analysis - wine
Country snapshot - wine sector in Canada
Value and volume analysis - wine sector in Canada
Cross category comparison - value and growth rate
Change in category share by value
Cross category comparison - volume and growth rate
Change in category share by volume
Per capita consumption analysis by category
Category analysis: fortified wine
Segment analysis (in value terms): fortified wine
Segment analysis (in volume terms): fortified wine
Category analysis: sparkling wine
Segment analysis (in value terms): sparkling wine
Segment analysis (in volume terms): sparkling wine
Category analysis: still wine
Segment analysis (in value terms): still wine
Segment analysis (in volume terms): still wine
Distribution channel share analysis: wine
Distribution channel share analysis by category
Brand share analysis by sector
Brand share analysis by category
Degree of consolidation/fragmentation by category
Primary outer type
Economic summary, labor market trends, and demographic trends
GlobalData country risk index (GCRI)
Country Profile: Wine in Canada
The wine sector in Canada is led by the still wine category in both value and volume terms, in 2017. Fortified wine is forecast to register the fastest value and volume growth during 2017-2022. Food & drinks specialists accounted for the leading share in the distribution of wine products in the country. Glass is the most commonly used pack material in the Canadian wine sector, followed by paper & board. ‘Constellation Brands Inc’, ‘Andrew Peller Limited’, and ‘Treasury Wine Estates Vintners Limited’ are the leading players in the Canadian wine sector.
GlobalData’s Country Profile report on the Wine sector in Canada provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2012-2022
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for fortified wine, sparkling wine, and still wine with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2017-2022
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels in volume terms in 2017
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, on-trade, e-retailers, convenience stores, department stores, convenience stores, and other general retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; pack type data for: Bottle and can.
- The per capita consumption of wine sector was higher in Canada compared to global and regional levels in 2017
- Food & drinks specialists is the leading distribution channel in the Canadian wine sector in 2017
- Jackson Triggs is the leading brand in the Canadian wine sector
- Glass is the most commonly used pack material in the Canadian wine sector
- Older consumers account for the leading share in the consumption of wine in Canada.
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.