Country Profile: Wine in Brazil
Table of Contents
Brazil in the global and regional context
Brazil in the global and Latin America wine sector
Brazil compared to other leading countries in Latin America
Per capita consumption and expenditure - Brazil compared to Latin America and global levels
Sector analysis - wine
Country snapshot - wine sector in Brazil
Value and volume analysis - wine sector in Brazil
Cross category comparison - value and growth rate
Change in category share by value
Cross category comparison - volume and growth rate
Change in category share by volume
Per capita consumption analysis by category
Category analysis: fortified wine
Segment analysis (in value terms): fortified wine
Segment analysis (in volume terms): fortified wine
Category analysis: sparkling wine
Segment analysis (in value terms): sparkling wine
Segment analysis (in volume terms): sparkling wine
Category analysis: still wine
Segment analysis (in value terms): still wine
Segment analysis (in volume terms): still wine
Distribution channel share analysis: wine
Distribution channel share analysis by category
Brand share analysis by sector
Brand share analysis by category
Private label share analysis by category
Growth of private labels compared to branded products
Degree of consolidation/fragmentation by category
Primary outer type
Economic summary, labor market trends, and demographic trends
GlobalData country risk index (GCRI)
Country Profile: Wine in Brazil
The Brazilian wine sector is led by the still wine category in both value and volume terms in 2017, while the sparkling wine category is forecast to register the fastest growth in both value and volume terms during 2017-2022. Glass is the most commonly used pack material, followed by paper & board. Older consumers (55+ years) accounted for the highest consumption of wine in the country. Cooperativa Vinicola Aurora Ltda, Casa Di Conti Ltda, Vinhos Salton SA Industria e Comercio, are the leading players in the Brazilian sector.
GlobalData’s Country Profile report on the Wine sector in Brazil provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2012-2022
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for fortified wine, sparkling wine, and still wine with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2017-2022
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels in volume terms in 2017
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, on-trade, e-retailers, convenience stores, department stores, convenience stores, and other general retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; pack type data for: Bottle and can.
- The per capita consumption of wine was lower in Brazil compared to both the global and regional level in 2017
- Per capita consumption of still wine is higher when compared to other wines in Brazil
- On-trade transactions accounted for the leading share in the distribution of wine in Brazil
- Sangue De Boi is the leading brand in the Brazilian wine sector
- Private label penetration is highest both in still wine and fortified wine categories
- Glass is the most commonly used pack material in the Brazilian wine sector
- Older consumers account for the leading share in the consumption of wine in Brazil.
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.